Friday, February 16, 2007

My predictions

Ok, So the regular season is almost over and since I just started this blog I am going to give my predictions for each team that I feel will be going to NY City for the BE Tourney. Below are my predictions for the remaining games for each of the top 12 teams in the conference. I have picked every remaining game and have made sure that if what team gets a win then the other gets a loss so the results are correct. At the bottom is where they would finish based on record and the BE tiebreaker procedure. The record in () next to the team name is their current BE record. The record at the bottom of each name is what I predict they will finish. Also, at the bottom I have given who I think will make the NCAA tourney. Now for the moment of truth:

Games in Red mean my prediction is correct...Games in blue mean I was wrong in the prediction... Results will be updated

Pitt (10-2) @SH W
@GTown L
WV W
@MARQ. L
(12-4)


GTOWN (9-2) @NOVA W
@CINCY W
PITT W
@CUSE L
UCONN W
(13-3)


MARQUETTE (8-4) L'VILLE L
NOVA W
@ND L
PITT W
(10-6)


L'VILLE (8-4) @MARQ W
ST JOHN W
@UCONN L
SH W
(11-5)


ND (7-5) @CINCY W
DEPAUL L
MARQ W
@RUT W
(10-6)


WV (7-5) SH W
@PROV L
@PITT L
CINCY W
(9-7)


CUSE (7-5) UCONN W
@PROV L
GTOWN W
@NOVA W
(10-6)


NOVA (6-5) GTOWN L
@MARQ L
RUTGERS W
@UCONN W
CUSE L
(8-8)


DEPAUL (6-6) @SF L
@ND W
CINCY W
SF W
(9-7)


ST JOHNS (6-7) @PROV L
@LVILLE L
PROV W
(7-9)


UCONN (5-6) @CUSE L
@RUT W
LVILLE W
NOVA L
@GTOWN L
(7-9)


PROV (5-6) ST JOHN W
WV W
CUSE W
@SF L
@ST JOHN L
(8-8)



Final Standings:
1. GTOWN (13-3)
2. PITT (12-4)
3. L'VILLE (11-5)
4. ND (10-6)
5. CUSE (10-6)
6. MARQ (10-6)
7. WV (9-7)
8. DEPAUL (9-7)
9. NOVA (8-8)
10. PROV (8-8)
11. UCONN (7-9)
12. ST JOHN (7-9)

Based off from the scenarios above I feel the top 7 teams are going to make the NCAA tourney. If Nova goes on a run in the BE tourney then they could be the 8th team to get in. As you can see the BE has an unbalanced schedule the last few weeks. The teams at the top all play each other and the teams at the bottom all play each other. This is why Depaul will be finishing at 9-7...them and L'Ville have the best scheduled remaining. Everyone else has to play the top teams which makes for a mad dash for the top 4 spots.

I will continue to update my results as the games are played. Check back after every game to find out how I did. I will leave my predictions up for the rest of the regular season. I will also post the game recaps for each game as well. Keep up to date on all things Big East with this blog!

GO CUSE!!

No comments: