Monday, March 12, 2007

I'm no expert but...

Ok, I don't want to blog about how Syracuse was snubbed because a case can be made for or against them getting in the tourney. What I don't understand is that if they left them out because they didn't play any true non conference opponents then why was Drexel left off? Drexel played Villanova, Syracuse, and Creighton on the road and beat all three. If non-conference road games is what is important then Drexel should be there.

If the unbalanced league schedule is a problem then how is Arkansas in? They went 7-9 in the WORST major conference in the country! 7-9! Syracuse went 10-6 with wins over Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova, Providence, and Depaul...Who did Arkansas beat? The swept Vanderbilt, Ill give them that. But, they swept Alabama who just wasn't very good all year and they finished FOURTH in the SEC West! Just don't understand what the committee was thinking.

As for my mock bracket I did below. I may have gotten some of the seeds wrong, but I missed just TWO teams! I had Syracuse and Drexel in and I had Stanford and Arkansas out. Arkansas never even crossed my mind! I missed the exact same number as Joe Lunardi! He also has Syracuse and Drexel in, but he missed Illinois and Old Dominion. Just goes to show you that the "experts" can just about guess like the rest of us!

What a shame!

GO 'CUSE!!

No comments: